As my title shows, it is currently the wee hours of the morning. What I have realized is that 3:27am on a college campus is quite different than it is other places.
These are the realizations I have had this evening:
1. Mid-terms are dumb
2. Coffee is good
3. Adderall is magic in pill form
4. The girl in my quad whom I refer to as “Sasquatch” may not actually exist. I have never seen her. I was convinced she was nocturnal, but there still has not been a sighting. The only sign of life is the constant music coming from her room between the hours of 12-5pm. I’ll keep you updated on any new leads.
5. My room mate makes a noise in her sleep that sounds like the noise one would make while chowing down on ribs.
6. MacBooks lie about how much battery they have left (39 minutes my ass).
7. There comes an hour in the night when people actually stop Instagramming. Crazy, huh?
8. Food officially tastes better after the stroke of midnight.
9. Things do get quiet eventually. This is probably the first time since I have moved in where there has been complete silence.
10. There comes a point where you get past the super tired feeling, and just continue on the being productive trail. I’m there now. Ask me what caused the transition into Middle-English*. I dare you.
Well, that’s all. Only 3 hours until sunrise! #we’reupallnighttilthesun
*The transition to Middle-English was caused by the Norman Conquest of 1066 when the French invaded Britain. This resulted in French heavily influencing the English language and the eventual extinction of many Old-English words.
“The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can.”—Neil Gaiman (via paige-chanel)